Home watch is defined as “a visual inspection of a home or property looking for obvious issues.” *
As a longtime homeowner in St. Louis Park - and as the daughter of an insurance agent - I know how many small things can cause huge financial damages quickly in a home or condo.
And that is when someone is home.
But what about when no one is there?
Or when the property owner has already moved on?
When the property is under contract but hasn't yet closed? Who is keeping an eye out for potential problems during that period of waiting?
It’s the realtor, of course. But do you have time for that? Are you thorough? I would guess ‘no’ and ‘no’.
Snowy Owl Home Watch is fully accredited by the National Home Watch Association, insured, bonded and all employees are background checked. Let us do the check-ins, saving you valuable time to do your actual job. Selling properties.
Service areas include St. Louis Park, Hopkins, Golden Valley, Edina, Western Minneapolis, Minnetonka, Plymouth, Wayzata and surrounding areas.
Leaving these big investments unchecked (or infrequently/improperly checked) is a recipe for disaster. It’s not just the pipes freezing or water problems that people think of first. It’s also storm damage, ice dams, pests of all types, break-ins, unlocked doors and other security issues. Small issues can develop into big issues quickly, causing chaos and stalling sales. Almost always at a high financial cost.
Any issues found by Snowy Owl will be dealt with promptly and the homeowner or realtor alerted so they can be taken care of before they become a big issue. Your clients will be grateful.
Thank you for your consideration.
I’d love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have.
Please contact me for a free consultation regarding your needs.
List of services below.
FB and Instagram @snowyowlhomewatch
*Not to be confused with licensed building inspectors or house sitters.
Regular home-monitoring and risk mitigation visits - including, but not limited to:
Interior of home:
· Ensure security system is functioning (if needed)
· Change fire/smoke/CO2 alarm batteries, as needed (if reachable)
· Check temperature/humidity settings on thermostats
· Check temperature in refrigerators & freezers
· Check for vandalism of any kind
· Inspect for obvious pest presence or insect infestation
· Check for water leaks (floors, ceilings, all sinks, toilets, appliances)
· Turn on water, run water in sinks and baths – check under sinks and flush stagnant water in toilets
· Run garbage disposal, if applicable
· Check windows and doors
· Check for window condensation (winter)
· Check lights and fans, change bulbs as needed.
· Check breaker box
· Check water heater/water system
· Inspect air filter(s), change as needed
· Change timers on lights as needed
Exterior of home:
· Remove junk mail/flyers from mailbox and front door
· Inspect yard and planting beds for trash and branches
· Monitor landscaping, including verification of contracted lawn care & snow removal.
· Perform visual inspection of siding, roof, and gutters for obvious issues including visible ice dams (from the ground)
· Check for drainage issues
· Check doors and windows for signs of break-in
· Inspect for vandalism
· Inspect for obvious insect infestation or pest presence
· Check exterior lighting, change bulbs, as needed.
· Check pool/spa for obvious issues, as needed.
· Check storage sheds, as needed.
Concierge services available. Don’t see what you are looking for? Ask!